Thursday, April 16, 2015

Digital Storytelling with Word Problems

Repost...


My students always groan when I give them a textbook assignment or worksheet with word problems. 

After the 3rd groan, moan, and sad looks, I decided to use digital media to help me. 

Students were given a list of word problems to choose from to create and solve an equation. 

For this assignment I choose Sonic Pic for their digital tool. I was so amazed at the excitement and engagement they showed. 

I will continue to use digital storytelling as a means to solve word problems. Some tools I will integrate into the assignments will be:
-GoAnimate
-Glogster
-Kerpoof
-FotoBabble
-Sock Puppet
-Toontastic

Students can use digital storytelling to create and solve word problems, explain a vocabulary, show their understanding of a specific topic. 

The key is motivating and inspiring them to be creative and innovative learners. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Share with others my blog as we have fun integrating technology one classroom at a time!